Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Good Shop, Part 6


I had to laugh when I saw this yesterday.  What else could I do?  Somewhere on this blog I know there's a similar picture of the Nautilus at another shop.  Believe it or not--this is the time warp I seem to be stuck in with this project.  I'm in my own version of the movie Ground Hog Day.

After I shot this picture, the guy waved me in.  I had a chance to discuss the details with him--and I found an issue, of course.  Relatively minor, all things considered, but it has to do with the left Q-window opening in the body where the new roof clip was welded in and affects the curvature of the opening.  A little more bodywork there, some seam sealer down the roof gutters and it should be good to go.  I also gave him the four hood bolts and asked him to do another hood test fit.

I'm headed back this morning to see how the re-spray went.  I also need to drop off the sliding steel sunroof panel so they can cut and buff that, as well.   Fingers crossed...

UPDATE:  The body was painted and even without a color sand, looks outstanding.  Seam sealer had been applied in the rain gutters and will have to dry a day or so before the roof color goes on.  I'm thinking I'll get the car back by Wednesday, which is fine by me.

No comments: