As the picture above shows, the front hood fit is a problem. It just sits a bit too proud, particularly when a seal is installed. I've tried all kinds of seals and found one that nets the best results, but it's nowhere close to perfect. I decided this morning to loosen the hinge and latch plates to adjust the fit of the hood in its opening and during this work I discovered something entirely new: two cracks in the paint on the inside of the hood at the left leading front edge. The cracks go all the way to the metal, but there's a lot of product that will need to be removed to prevent future encounters with rust in this area.
More Motorworks Restorations bodywork demerits have been awarded. When this round of front end body shop re-work is done, I don't think I'll consider this a Motorworks project, anymore.